Custom Foot Orthotics
What Your FEET Can Tell You about Your Spinal Health
Take This Test:
- Do you stand or walk on hard surfaces for more than four hours daily?
- Do you participate regularly in any physical sport (basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, running, etc.)?
- Are you age 40 or over?
- Have you had a prior injury to your knee, back, or neck?
- Do your shoes wear unevenly?
- Do you have joint pain while standing, walking, or running?
- Is one of your legs shorter than the other?
- Do you have knock-knees or bow legs?
- Do you have obvious foot problems (bunions, corns, flat feet, etc.)?
- Do your feet “toe out” when you’re walking?
Dr. Smetana and Dr. Salonek use the Foot Levelers Associate™ Platinum to their practice. A tool that will allow them to make a digital scan of the feet, the Associate™ Platinum helps Dr. Smetana and Dr. Salonek screen for imbalances that contribute to problems in any number of places, like your knees, hips, and low back — even if your feet don’t hurt!
Weight Bearing Foot Scan Color Foot Scan
Your feet are the foundation for your entire body. Like any structure, your body’s foundation must be balanced to support the weight above it. Below is an idea of how your body looks when it is not properly balanced:
Next, you will see a properly balanced skeleton:
If the arches in one or both of your feet collapse, your body doesn’t get the correct postural support, causing an imbalance in your skeletal frame. The Associate™ Platinum helps chiropractors develop care plans and use postural support, like custom-made orthotics from Foot Levelers, to obtain positive results in nearly everyone — from children to seniors.
Different types of Foot Levelers
Dr. Smetana and Dr. Salonek welcome new patients to OAK Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center for postural exams to determine their chiropractic needs. The clinic offers a variety of resources for total body health and provides on-site screenings with the Associate™ Platinum at health fairs and other community events. If you’ve never had your feet scanned, you probably don’t know what they are supposed to look like. Don’t wait for aches and pains to tell you there is a problem.
Normal Foot Scan Pronated Foot Scan