Dr. Benjamin Smetana
Dr. Ben was born and raised in Pine City, MN. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Minnesota, Duluth, receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in 1999. Dr. Ben attended chiropractic school at Northwestern College of Chiropractic, receiving his Doctor of Chiropractic degree with Cum Laude honors in 2003. Dr. Ben resides in White Bear Lake with his wife Jaclyn and their sons Moses and Axel. In his spare time, Dr. Ben enjoys traveling, fishing, hunting, playing hockey, watching sports and playing guitar.
Dr. Ben specializes in wellness chiropractic and is a certified Creating Wellness coach through the Creating Wellness Alliance. As a wellness chiropractor, Dr. Ben helps his clients regain their health and maximize their quality of life by working with them to improve their lifestyle and the function of their nervous system. His work is based on a simple but elegant understanding of health. First, we were born to be healthy. Our bodies are self-healing, self-regulating and designed to express health at all times. Second, our nerve system (brain, spinal cord and nerve network) is the master controlling system of our body. Finally, stress (which may be physical, chemical or mental/emotional) that is beyond our ability to adapt, overwhelms our nerve system and cause subluxations; a breakdown of the communication within our nerve network. Subluxations reduce the healing and regulating the ability of our bodies, leading to the loss of our health and quality of life.
In addition to experiencing tremendous relief from many physical concerns, many of Dr. Ben’s best clients have also reported experiencing numerous other side benefits as a result of his care. Benefits such as improved sleep, more energy, relief from other aches and pains, improved digestion and elimination, greater clarity of thought, improved outlook and attitude, fewer colds and improved immune function, greater stamina, decreased need for some medications and better overall health.
Dr. Ben has been trained to use the Insight Millennium Subluxation Station, a state-of-the-art technology that measures the function of the nerve system, to locate these nerve disturbances. He then uses a very gentle and specific method of the chiropractic adjustment to restore proper nerve function which leads to improved health. His approach is so gentle that it has been safely applied to infants as young as one hour old to those into their 90’s.
The gentle chiropractic spinal analysis and adjusting technique that Dr. Ben uses, in addition to traditional “hands-on” adjusting is called “Torque Release Technique.” The information below is to allow you to better understand the basis for this technique and how it affects your body.
- Torque release bases its technique on gentle touch and light thrusting by hand or instrument. This low-force adjusting method allows the nervous system to better integrate and understand the new corrective information and to process it throughout the spinal cord and brain.
- Your spinal corrections do not stop once you get off the table. They continue as you breathe and move. You may notice that you hear a click or popping sound in your spine later on the same day after the torque release adjustment. That’s your body realigning and correcting its own subluxations.
- Torque release teaches and empowers your body to make more corrections and healing with ongoing care.
- Because analysis and correction are not limited to just the area of pain and symptom, integration tends to be more complete and healing experiences are deeper in all areas of the body, mind, and emotions.
- Torque Release releases tensions on the spinal cord by correcting subluxations of spinal segments intimately connected with the meninges or attachments of the spinal cord. It leads to profound neurological changes that benefit everyone – no matter what symptom or level of health they are currently experiencing.
The primary intent of Torque Release Technique is to progressively reduce blockages and tension of the entire spinal system, to release trapped unresolved patterns in the body/mind, and to facilitate the reintegration of the nervous system, allowing a greater expression of one’s healing and performance capabilities.
In addition to experiencing tremendous relief from many physical concerns, Dr. Ben’s best clients have also reported experiencing numerous other side benefits as a result of his care. Benefits such as improved sleep, more energy, relief from other aches and pains, improved digestion and elimination, greater clarity of thought, improved outlook and attitude, fewer colds and improved immune function, greater stamina, decreased need for some medications and better overall health.