What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or Book an Appointment.
Any data we request that is not required will be specified as voluntary or optional.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you submit a request or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
These security measures include: password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information, SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely or PCI Scanning to actively protect our servers from hackers and other vulnerabilities.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information.
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW HEALTH INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center is required, by law, to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your protected health information and to provide our practice members with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your protected health information.
Disclosure of Your Health Care Information
We may disclose your health care information to other healthcare professionals within our practice for the purpose of providing healthcare services, payment, or healthcare operations. Example: On occasion, it may be necessary to seek consultation regarding your condition from other health care providers associated with Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center.
It is our policy to provide a substitute health care provider, authorized by Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center to provide assessment and/or adjustments to our practice members in the event of your primary health care provider’s absence due to vacation, sickness, or other emergency situation.
We may disclose your health information to your insurance provider for health care operations including billing.
We may disclose your health information as necessary to comply with State Workers Compensation Laws.
We may disclose your health information to notify or assist in notifying a family member, or another person responsible for your care regarding your health condition, or in the event of an emergency, or of your death.
As required by law, we may disclose your health information to public health authorities for purposes related to: preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability, reporting child abuse or neglect, reporting domestic violence, reporting to the Food and Drug Administration problems with products and reactions to medications (note: drugs are not and will not ever be prescribed in our office), and reporting disease or infection exposure.
Judicial and Administrative Proceedings
We may disclose your health information in the course of any administrative or judicial proceeding.
We may disclose your health information to a law enforcement official for purposes such as identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person, complying with a court order or subpoena, and other law enforcement purposes.
We may disclose your health information to coroners or medical examiners.
We may disclose your health information to organizations involved in procuring, banking, or transplanting organs and tissues.
We may disclose your health information to researchers conducting research that has been approved by an Institutional Review Board.
It may be necessary to disclose your health information to appropriate persons in order to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of a particular person or to the general public.
Specialized Government Agencies
We may disclose your health information for military, national security, prisoner and government benefits purposes.
We may contact you for marketing purposes or fundraising purposes, as described below: As a courtesy to our practice members, it is our policy to call your home in the event that you miss a scheduled appointment. If you are not at home, we leave a reminder message on your answering machine or with the person answering the phone. No personal health information will be disclosed during this recording or message other than the date and time of your next scheduled appointment along with a request to call our office if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
It is our practice to participate in charitable events to raise awareness, food donations, gifts, money, etc… During these times, we may send you a letter, e-mail, post card, invitation, or call your home to invite you to participate in the charitable activity. We will provide you with information about the type of activity, the dates and times, and request your participation in such an event. It is not our policy to disclose any personal health information about your condition for the purpose of the Community Chiropractic Clinic sponsored fund-raising events.
Change of Ownership
In the event that Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center is sold or merged with another organization, your information and records will become the property of the new owner.
Your Health Information Rights
- You have the right to request restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your health information. Please be advised, however, that Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center is not required to agree to the restriction that you requested.
- You have the right to have your health information received or communicated through an alternative location other than the usual method of communication or delivery, upon your request.
- You have the right to inspect the copy of your health information.
- You have a right to request that Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center amend your protected health information. Please be advised, however, that Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center is not required to agree to amend your protected health information. If your request to amend your health information has been denied, you will be provided with an explanation of our denial reason(s) and information about how you can disagree with the denial.
- You have the right to receive an accounting of disclosure of your protected health information made by Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center.
- You have a right to a paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time upon request.
Changes to this Notice of Privacy Practices
- Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center reserves the right to amend this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time in the future, and will make the new provisions effective for all information that it maintains. Until such amendment is made, Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center is required by law to comply with this Notice.
- Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center is required by law to maintain the privacy of your health information and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect o your health information. If you have questions about any part of this notice or if you want more information about your privacy rights, please contact: Dr. Ben Smetana or Dr. Heidi Salonek by calling this office at (651) 739-2500. If either doctor is not available, you may make an appointment for a personal conference in person or by telephone within two working days.
Complaints about your Privacy Rights or how Oak Springs Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center has handled your health information should be directed to Dr. Ben Smetana first to resolve any issues. If you are not satisfied with the manner in which this office handles your complaint, you may submit a formal complaint to:DHHS, Office of Civil Rights 200 Independence Avenue, S.W. Room 509F HHH Building Washington, DC 20201
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.oschw.com/legal/terms-and-conditions.
This policy was last modified on Feb 1, 2013